Emergency first aid at work (Level 2 accredited)
Date: Friday 30 June 2017
Location: BAVO – 112/113 Commercial Street, Maesteg, CF34 9DL
Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Cost: BAVO (and other Community Voluntary Council members): £50
Non members: £70 / Non voluntary sector: £100
This course will teach you to deliver first aid in the workplace in accordance with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidance. On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first-aider, including the importance of preventing cross infection;
- Understand the need for recording incidents and actions;
- Understand use of available equipment;
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding, suffering from shock or is choking;
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
Refreshment of this qualification is recommended at least every three years.
You must bring identification with you to obtain the certificate. Preferably this will be photographic (e.g. current passport, driving license, employee, student or travel ID card). If you cannot provide this, we may be able to accept a bank card (credit or debit) showing your signature.
Please note: this course involves practical work and assessment at ground level and it is advisable to wear loose fitting clothing.
BOOK NOW by downloading booking form >>>
For further details call BAVO, T: 01656 810400 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org