Mental Health First Aid (Wales)
Location: BAVO - 112/113 Commercial Street, Maesteg, CF34 9DL
Date: Wednesday and Thursday, 14 - 15 November 2018
Time: 9.30am - 3pm
Cost: BAVO members: £65
Cost: Non members: £90 / Non voluntary sector: £130
PLEASE NOTE: LUNCH NOT PROVIDED
Our two day training course is for anyone (including the public, employers, managers, frontline staff and volunteers, prison and custody staff, NHS staff, Jobcentre Plus staff) and improves your understanding of mental health.
Members of the general public often do not know how to respond. In a mental health crisis situation, the helper’s actions may determine how quickly the person with the problem gets help and/or recovers.
There are many reasons why people might want to train in Mental Health First Aid – MHFA (Wales):
- Mental health problems are common;
- There is a stigma associated with mental health problems;
- Many people are not well informed;
- Help is not always on hand;
- People may lack the insight to realise they need help or that help is available.
In MHFA (Wales), you will learn an approach to help to be calm and confident and to respond in an appropriate way to give the best help.
This course helps participants to:
- recognise the signs and symptoms of someone with mental health problems;
- respond to various mental health crises;
- engage with, support and signpost people to appropriate professional help.
BOOK NOW by downloading booking form >>>
For further details call BAVO, T: 01656 810400 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org