ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training - two day course
Date: Tuesday 27 and Wednesday 28 June 2017
Location: BAVO - 112/113 Commercial Street, Maesteg, CF34 9DL
Time: 9.30am - 5pm (two day course)
COST: BAVO members: £130 per person
COST: Non BAVO members: £145 per person
(Lunch not included)
Delivered by BAVO, this is two day suicide 'first aid course' course. Most people considering suicide share their distress and their intent, sometimes very discreetly. Training will help you see and respond to these invitations for help, give you the confidence to ask about suicide if you are concerned about someone's safety and provide you with the tools to help prevent the immediate risk.
You will learn how to:
- recognise invitations for help;
- reach out and offer support;
- review the risk of suicide;
- apply a suicide intervention model;
- link people with community resources.
Core areas covered by ASIST:
- suicide safer communities;
- connecting with attitudes and beliefs;
- exploring pathways for asist life;
- developing safety plans;
- community connections and signposting.
Read more >>>
Download booking form >>>
For further details about future courses, call BAVO, T: 01656 810400 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org