Training at BAVO
BAVO offers high quality training YOU want, where YOU want it, at a price YOU can afford.
Take a look at BAVO's current training programme here >>>
We can tailor our training to meet your organisation’s needs (large or small), offering advice and support to your staff and volunteers including trustee away days.
We also offer informal learning through development support for new and small groups and for larger organisations facing change or challenge.
Training is delivered at convenient accessible venues across the county borough and we can provide specifically tailored training courses for and behalf other sectors or agencies outside of the third sector.
BAVO’s training objectives are to:
- Identify and respond to the training and learning needs of voluntary organisations, community groups and volunteers;
- Encourage and promote good practice in volunteering through learning;
- Provide a programme of learning opportunities appropriate to the needs of groups and individuals in the voluntary sector;
- To promote good quality, affordable, accessible training and learning opportunities for all;
- To work in partnership with other sectors whilst maintaining our independence;
- Provide a range of non accredited sessions and accredited opportunities for those who wish to seek them.
Many of our courses for voluntary, community and charitable (third sector) organisations are subsidised by Welsh Government. However, some of our courses are open to non-third sector participants who may book at a less well subsidised or non-subsidised rate.
Read about BAVO's suicide prevention courses >>>
Talk to us!
- Does your group have a specific training need?
- Would your organisation benefit from a training needs analysis?
- Would you like to provide Trustees with up-to-date guidance or governing documents, charitable or company status or Trustee roles and responsibilities?
For further information, contact BAVO, T: 01656 810400, E: email@example.com
Our BAVO autumn training courses have lots to offer YOU and your organisation!
Download BAVO's September training e-bulletin here >>>
We can help you:
- refresh your knowledge and awareness of your roles and responsibilities as a committee member;
- help you get the most from social media;
- find out about basic accounting skills;
- develop a basic understanding about mental heath awareness;
- take part in a two day training course in mental health first aid;
- raise your understanding of your own role in relation to safeguarding;
- have a basic introduction to recruiting, selecting and managing volunteers.
Remember... BAVO members get concessionary prices!