Bridgend Involvement Group (BIG)
Bridgend Involvement Group (BIG) provides independent and impartial information and advice for drug and alcohol services users living in Bridgend County Borough. They are a group of volunteers from Bridgend County Borough who are service users or ex-servicers users, working towards improving the quality of service provision.
They provide advice, assistance and support to drug and alcohol service users within the area, helping them to make the right choices. We also contribute to local substance misuse service development in partnership with service providers.
What are their objectives?
BIG share their combined knowledge and experience to support your journey through services as positively and easily as possible.
They aim to:
- Ensure that YOU have a choice at EVERY stage of your recovery;
- Help you re-gain your self-confidence and self-esteem through peer mentoring and training;
- Represent your views and the views of other service users within the community;
- Identify areas of good practice and areas of improvement in current practices.
Who comes along to B.I.G.?
- Anyone who is currently using services for the treatment of alcohol or substance misuse (including harm reduction);
- Ex-service users;
- A concerned family member or carer.
They welcome a broad range of people to attend their meetings, as this creates more diverse points of view. You can contribute as little or as much as you feel able to. BIG value your opinion and they do not judge.
Why join BIG?
When someone enters into drug or alcohol services, it can be very frightening, uncertain and a very confusing place to be. You are making some big changes to your life and you are being asked to make choices about the treatment you want. BIG can help support you and your family through this time of uncertainty under a strict code of confidentiality. You can gain peer support at the Life Changes Group where members help each other through their recovery.
When and where does BIG meet?
BIG meets every Wednesday from 1 - 3pm at the Arc Services, Quarella Road, Bridgend, CF31 1JN.
A peer led practical self-help group, you will:
- Receive support and guidance by helping each other through recovery;
- Discuss a variety of topics;
- Gain practical advice, relapse prevention tips and signposting to local services;
- Have access for training to develop new skills and knowledge.
Download BIG's general information guide here >>>
Contact details for BIG:
T: 01656 667717 Option 3
Mob :07541 691689