Youth Led Grants now open - deadline 14 July
Date published: 13/06/2017
Maximum groups can apply for is £800
Deadline for applications Friday 14 July 2017
Who is eligible for the grant?
Projects must have a community benefit to the communities of the Bridgend County Borough. The funding is to support young people aged 14 to 25 to volunteer in a variety of community organisations within Bridgend County Borough.
Background Information on the Gwirvol grants
The Youth Bridgend Funding Group is made up of a group of young people aged 14-25 living in Bridgend County Borough and is funded by the Welsh Government and WCVA under Gwirvol. The panel members are supported by Bridgend Association of Voluntary Organisations (BAVO). The aim of the funding is to help young people to volunteer aged 14-25 to be more involved in community and voluntary organisations in their local community.
Gwirvol was established to achieve a step change in youth volunteering for young people aged 14-25 in a variety of voluntary and community organisations throughout the UK. Gwirvol’s purpose is to identify ways to engage more young people from disadvantaged and under-represented communities.
Funding priorities are as follows:
- Funding is available to voluntary and community organisations that are legally constituted and want to empower young people to volunteer;
- Organisations that are committed to listening to and working in partnership with young people;
- Organisations will need to be constituted and have a bank account in the name of the organisation, which requires at least two signatures;
- There is no minimum amount that can be applied for;
- If groups want to apply for the maximum of £800 they may be asked to present their ideas to panel members;
- Projects or groups that have applied before can reapply (whether or not they were successful) but their ideas must involve young volunteers.
How much money can I apply for?
The amount of money you are able to apply for is anything up to £800. This is the maximum amount of funding you are able to receive from the panel.
How do I get an application form?
Before completing your application form, read guidance notes here >>>
In order to apply for funding you will need to fill out a funding application form which can be downloaded here >>>
To receive an application form please contact BAVO at Bridgend Volunteer Centre, T: 01656 660372 or write to Bridgend Funding Group, The Volunteer Centre, 2 Queen Street, Bridgend, CF31 1HX.
The application form should be filled in fully, answering all relevant questions. Please answer each question carefully as the answers you give could be crucial to your success in receiving funding from us.
Return to news list