Tenovus Cancer Care looking for shop volunteers
Date published: 10/01/2017
Tenovus Cancer Care is talking about shop volunteering! Their shops just wouldn't be the same without their amazing teams of volunteers, and they are looking for more people to join them.
Their charity shops are fun, bright, interesting places to help out – and every day is different. Life can be busy but you’d be surprised how easy it is to fit a little volunteering into your week. Just a few hours could really help Tenovus Cancer Care out.
Watch this video put together by their brilliant volunteer, Alan Dimery. He definitely captures what it's like in their shops and how great their volunteers are. Click here to see it!
Plus volunteering can help you:
- stand out from the crowd in a competitive job market (employers love to see volunteering on a CV!);
- make the most of the skills you have (turn your hobbies into something valuable, such as upcycling donations or bake sales);
- learn skills in a new area and give you the chance to undertake some training;
- build your confidence (gain some structure to your week and a new sense of purpose);
- meet new people, make friends and get to know your local community (it’s a great idea if you’re new to the area or you find it difficult to meet people);
- get first dibs on vintage and unique treasures as well as a 20% discount in the shop.
Make good use of your spare time by helping cancer patients and their loved ones.
Find your local shop ....
Return to news list
To find your nearest shop, take a quick look at their online shop finder here.
To find out more, just fill in this short form and Tenovus Cancer Care will get in touch.