Strengthen your charity’s fundraising by making effective bids to trusts and foundations
Date published: 12/12/2018
Introduction to fundraising through trusts and foundations WCVA training
31 January 2019 - Cardiff
Improve your understanding of the key issues to consider before applying to grant-making trusts and foundations.
This course is designed for trustees, staff and volunteers who are new to fundraising.
For many, the word 'fundraising' conjures images of shaking buckets in the rain outside supermarkets, sports challenges and crowd-funding campaigns. But did you know that there are more than 10,000 grant-making charitable trusts and foundations in the UK, distributing more than £2bn in grants every year? With the right key you can unlock a treasure trove of high-value grants to fund the vital work of your organisation.
This introductory course for those new to trust fundraising will equip you with the tools to research the right funders for you, understand what they'll consider funding, and develop successful funding applications. It also includes information on the trusts and foundations that have a particular interest in funding Welsh projects.
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand what grant-making trusts and foundations are;
- Be aware of what trusts will fund;
- Know how to research trusts;
- Appreciate the key factors in a successful application;
- Recognise how to connect with and develop relationships with trusts;
- Learn how to comply with relevant legislation and best practice;
- Know where to go for further information, help and advice.
Read more for further information and book your place here >>>
Return to news list