Develop the skills, knowledge, tools and techniques to influence decision makers
Date published: 15/11/2018
Introduction to influencing WCVA training
6 December 2018, Swansea from 9.30am - 4pm
This course for the third sector will help you to develop a planned approach to influencing opinion formers, policy makers and government.
In order to achieve meaningful change third sector organisations need to be capable of influencing decision makers. Whether you want to affect perceptions, transform ways of workings, or alter the law, it's important to be able to identify the opportunities to have your say, know who to influence, and plan your approach.
This course is for those who are new to influencing, and for people that have influencing as part of their role and will give you:
- an introduction to the role of the National Assembly for Wales and the Welsh Government and how they operate;
- an introduction to how policy decisions are made and the role of influencing in decision making;
- a practical guide to developing an influencing plan, including mapping out your political stakeholders and identifying the right influencing tools and techniques.
By the end of the course you will:
- understand the role of the National Assembly for Wales and the Welsh Government and how they operate;
- understand the role of influencing in how policy decisions are made;
- understand who your political stakeholders are and how to influence them;
- develop an influencing plan, setting aims and objectives and identifying appropriate influencing tools and techniques.
Read more here >>>
Return to news list