Child sexual abuse awareness training for parents, carers and foster carers 2018/19
Date published: 05/11/2018
This two hour course from 10am - 12 noon will held on dates and venues below:
29 November 2018 - Castle Hotel, Neath
4 December 2018 - Aberavon Beach Hotel, Aberavon
5 March 2019 - Village Hotel, Swansea
18 March 2019 - Grove Golf Club, Porthcawl
Welsh Government has commissioned Stop it Now! Wales to deliver this course across Wales. Its purpose is to raise awareness about risk indicators in relation to children who may be vulnerable to child sexual abuse as well as behaviours in relation to the grooming process.
- Raise awareness of child sexual abuse including where the risks lie;
- Enable participants to recognise the signs of child sexual abuse in children including verbal and non-verbal indicators;
- Enable participants to recognise the warning signs an adult who has harmful intentions may display;
- Enable participants to take preventative measures and report concerns before a disclosure is made, acknowledging that most children do not disclose abuse;
- Enable participants to respond effectively and appropriately when a disclosure is made, including reporting to the relevant authorities;
- Help families develop and implement family safety plans.
To book your place contact: Andrew Morris by email, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to news list