WCADA alcohol training course 13 September
Date published: 24/08/2017
WCADA - 46 Talbot Road, Port Talbot, SA13 1HU
Wednesday 13 September 2017 from 9.30am - 4pm
Light refreshments provided
On street parking at venue
This is a comprehensive one day course which takes a look at alcohol. Its aim is to increase knowledge around alcohol use and interventions to work with alcohol users. It looks at the short and long term effects and the type of drinking which is inherent in our society. It also provides some basic tool to use when working with people around alcohol use.
• Describe what alcohol is and some of its long and short term effects;
• Measure alcohol intake;
• Recognise and screen alcohol use;
• Recognise drinking patterns;
• Assess risk and act upon it appropriately;
• Provide brief interventions with alcohol users;
• Recognise when to make external referrals to specialists.
Download booking form here >>>
Return to news list