Introduction to data protection and confidentiality training 13 September
Date published: 26/07/2017
Data protection and confidentiality for EU funded projects.
13 September 2017 - Swansea
Target Group: staff from third sector organisations who will be involved in managing EU Structural Funds projects, either as a direct sponsor or sub-contractor.
Cost: Free to organisations delivering, or with an interest in delivering, European funded activity under the 2014-2020 programmes.
The aim of this training is to provide knowledge and understanding of data protection and confidentiality requirements, to ensure that organisations who receive EU funding comply with the law, good practice and the obligations of their funding agreements.
The course will cover:
- The eight Data Protection principles;
- Collecting data from children;
- Securing and reporting a breach of Data Protection;
- Data quality;
- Subject access requests;
- The practicalities of Data Protection in the workplace.
- Be familiar with the eight data protection principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998;
- Be able to identify what information is classed as 'personal data' and apply that to their work setting;
- Understand how to perform their role in line with the Data Protection Act;
- Understand the legal obligations of a data controller;
- Know how and when to report a data breach, if necessary;
- Understand the relationship between data protection and confidentiality.
If you would like to participate in this session please complete the booking form and return to email@example.com
Return to news list