WCVA training - bilingualism at work 21 September
Date published: 21/07/2017
21 September, Llandrindod Wells
This FREE training session, run by the Welsh Language Commissioner, will enable attendees to develop their organisation’s use of the Welsh language. It will provide information, research and practical advice to aid in planning for increasing the organisation’s Welsh language provision.
What’s the role of the Welsh language within the third sector? How is it relevant to you, your organisation and your service users? How can you plan to ensure you meet the needs of your audience?
This half day training session will look at the advantages of the Welsh language, historical and current language context, the support available from the Welsh Language Commissioner and practical planning to develop your Welsh language provision.
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Understand the historical and contemporary Welsh language context;
- Understand the legislative and public policy situation in Wales;
- Understand the relevance of the Welsh language to their customers and service users;
- Describe the advantages of the Welsh language within the third sector;
- Evaluate their organisation’s current use of the Welsh language;
- Plan some initial steps towards developing their organisation’s use of the Welsh language;
- Identify and use the support and advice available, free of charge, from the Welsh Language Commissioner and others.
The training is suitable for:
- Workers, volunteers and trustees who want to gain a better understanding of the role of the Welsh language within their organisation;
- Staff members with responsibility for their organisation’s Welsh language provision;
- Individuals wanting to learn more about the relevance of the Welsh language to their role.
Read more and find out to book here >>>
Return to news list