Free workshops for frontline workers in Bridgend
Date published: 14/02/2017
Living in fuel poverty or cold housing can adversely affect our health, wellbeing and quality of life.
Welsh Government’s Nest scheme is working in partnership with Hartshorn House Health and Wellbeing Centre (Hartshorn House, 1st Floor, Neath Road, Maesteg, CF34 9EE) to provide FREE workshops on energy efficiency and fuel poverty.
The workshops are designed for front-line staff and those who have regular contact with vulnerable people.
Workshops will be on Tuesday 21 February 2017 and Tuesday 21 March 2017 from 10 -11.30am.
The training will help you to:
- Identify fuel poverty and its causes and understand who is at risk of fuel poverty.
- Understand how to save energy and reduce bills.
- Identify grants and resources available to help those experiencing difficulty with their energy bills.
- Gain a better understanding of energy bills and the responsibilities of suppliers.
- Improve confidence to liaise with the energy supplier on the clients behalf.
- Identify where to refer people for extra help.
To book or if you would like to arrange a workshop, contact Rhian Liddiard, E: firstname.lastname@example.org or T: 07920 594 616
Return to news list