Housing, Health and Care: Connecting Support conference
Date published: 10/01/2019
Venue: Park Inn Cardiff City Centre
Date: Thursday 31 January, 9.00 - 16:30
Cost: £107 + VAT Cymorth Cymru members; £147 + VAT otherwise
Making better connections between health, housing and care is one of the more significant challenges facing our sector. Time and again we try to tackle this gulf between services, but it remains a stubborn problem for us all.
This event organised by cymorth cymru will look at how we can connect housing services, particularly housing-related support, to health and care.
Workshops and plenary sessions will aim to answer the following questions:
- What do health and social services want from the housing sector?
- How can we work differently to meet the health needs of people experiencing homelessness?
- How can we develop a sensible solution to the challenges facing supported housing in terms of substance misuse?
- What practical examples are there of how our sector can tackle social isolation and loneliness?
- How can we work to meet the physical health needs of some of the most marginalised individuals in our society?
- What links are there between a trauma-informed approach in housing, and positive behaviour support in learning disability services? What can we learn together?
Register for this event online here >>>
If you have any queries, contact Gwyn Thomas de Chroustchoff, Events and Marketing Lead, T: 02920 553687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to news list