First 1000 days collaborative programme systems mapping event
Date published: 21/02/2017
Date: Tuesday 25 April 2017 from 10am - 3.30pm
Venue: HI Tide - Mackworth Road, Porthcawl, CF36 5BT
This event on aims to identify opportunities for improvement in the Bridgend area to the way in which systems surrounding pregnant women and families with children up to two years old work together to give every child the best start in life.
Read more >>>
The objectives are to:
- understand how the Bridgend Public Services Board, representing key partners, is committed to improving outcomes and reducing inequalities for all children in the population;
- develop a shared understanding of why the first 1000 days of life are so important, including which factors have the greatest impact on outcomes during this time;
- share the findings of the Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) research in Wales, how they impact on child development during the first 1000 days, and on health outcomes throughout life;
- develop a detailed understanding of what we currently do as a system to support children and parents during the first 1000 days of life, including using case studies to illustrate our current collective response to different scenarios;
- agree together what opportunities there might be for system improvements, in the context of what we know will make the greatest difference to outcomes.
Download booking form (English) >>>
Download booking form (Welsh) >>>
To book your place, complete booking form above and email to E: PSB@bridgend.gov.uk
Return to news list