NEW grant funding scheme available to schools and local authorities in Wales!
Date published: 10/05/2018
Supporting Service Children in Wales Fund
Education Secretary, Kirsty Williams, has announced that Welsh Government will provide £200,000 to support the children of Armed Forces personnel in Wales following the closure of a Ministry of Defence fund.
Read more here >>>
A new interim £200,000 Supporting Service Children in Wales Fund will be established. This will be administered by the Supporting Service Children in Education (SSCE) Project and hosted by the Welsh Local Government Association (WLGA).
Schools are being invited to bid this term for funding ready for the new term in September.
Deadline for applications is 30 June 2018.
Key information about the fund:
- £200k available for 2018/19 academic year;
- Schools submit a grant application providing a breakdown of how they would spend the grant if successful;
- Deadline for applications is 30 June 2018;
- Schools can submit individual applications or in a cluster bid with other schools;
- Funding should be used to help Service children overcome the challenges they face in education as a result of mobility and deployment;
- All maintained schools in Wales with at least one current Service child enrolled are eligible to apply for the grant.
- Staff training;
- Provide additional support with core subject when needed;
- Obtain resources to support Service children when moving schools;
- Purchase resources/IT equipment to help Service children keep in touch with parents during deployment;
- Organise events to engage Service families in the school and local community;
- Provide resources to develop a lunchtime ‘drop in’ support club.
Further details including instructions, FAQs and the application form can be located on the SSCE Cymru website here >>>
Return to news list