Coastal Communities Fund: Round 5 opens with £3.4 Million to regenerate Wales’ coasts
Date published: 17/01/2018
This fund for has been established for organisations across the private, public and charitable and community sectors, in order to support the economic development of coastal communities.
A further funding round is currently open in Wales only.
The Coastal Communities Fund (CCF) supports the development of coastal locations by promoting sustainable economic growth and jobs, enabling local people to respond to the changing needs and opportunities in their area. The CCF supports a wide range of projects, including those that benefit charities, the environment, education and health.
CCF Round 5 is currently open in Wales only, with around £3.4 million available to fund proposals that address the unique economic challenges of Wales' coastal areas. Funding awards between £50,000 and £300,000 are available for a range of organisations and businesses which benefit coastal communities.
All projects funded through CCF are expected to deliver the following outcome: Coastal communities will experience regeneration and economic growth through projects that directly or indirectly create sustainable jobs and safeguard existing jobs.
For the current round in Wales, only applications that address one or more of the three themes below will be considered:
- TEST – For applicants wishing to begin, or move into, a new area of activity or business, which will create new jobs;
- GROW – For applicants with ambitions to expand the delivery of existing activities or business, which will sustain or create jobs. This could be achieved by either:
- delivering more;
- moving into a new or wider geographical area;
- undertaking activity to become better, more efficient, and delivering tangible benefits to other businesses, the wider economy, or community.
- CHANGE – For applicants wanting to innovate or improve their business model or organisational structure, to generate more activity and sustain or create jobs.
For the current round, the following types of organisation in Wales can apply:
- Private sector companies;
- Local authorities;
- Other public sector bodies;
- Voluntary and community sector organisations;
- Social enterprises, including co-operatives and community ownership initiatives'
- Development agencies.
The closing date for stage one applications is noon on 12 March 2018.
Read more here >>>
Return to news list