Geovation launches challenge to create greener, smarter communities
Date published: 09/11/2017
Competition (not grant) Deadline: 29 November 2017 (midday).
Geovation is seeking applications from UK based organisations with innovative ideas to make greener, smarter communities in Britain.
UK based organisations that are seeking to make a positive change to society, the environment and the economy have an opportunity to get support through the Geovation Challenge 2017.
Geovation, an Ordnance Survey initiative in association with HM Land Registry, aims to support innovation and collaboration using location and property data. Each Geovation challenge focuses on a different issue, from water scarcity and food security to transport and energy poverty.
The current challenge is seeking ideas for a business that could:
- Improve health and wellbeing;
- Support local economy;
- Enable sustainable living;
- Enhance the natural environment.
Ideas should be scalable and be applied across Britain or could even be global in reach.
The winners will get an all-expenses paid place at a three-day Geovation Camp and Conference in London in mid February 2018. The camp will help groups build a sustainable business model and create a pitch to increase their chance of success. There will also be the chance to pitch for funding or a place on the Geovation Programme to help make the business idea become a reality.
- Provide solutions to the challenge;
- Use geographical information from Ordnance Survey;
- Be likely to provide social, educational or environmental benefit;
- Be innovative and not currently available;
- Show potential for becoming commercially sustainable;
- Make effective use of technology and good design.
Innovate UK and the Northumbrian Water Group are sponsors for the 2017 challenge.
Read more here >>>
Return to news list