Aurora Prize for Awakening Humanity 2018
Date published: 29/08/2017
Prize US $100,000
Deadline for nominations 8 September 2017 (5am GMT)
This is a global humanitarian award for a person or a group of people anywhere in the world who put themselves at personal risk to enable others to survive.
The Aurora Prize, which will run from 2015 to 2023, is designed to further the causes that motivate people to risk their health, freedom, reputation or livelihood by voluntarily carrying out acts that enable others to survive and thrive.
Prize recipients will be recognized for the exceptional impact their actions have made on preserving human life and advancing humanitarian causes, having overcome significant challenges along the way. The winners will be honoured with a US$100,000 award as well as the unique ability to continue the cycle of giving by nominating an organisation which inspired their work and is consistent with the spirit of the Prize, for a US$1,000,000 grant.
The criteria for selection:
- Courage - the extent to which the nominee’s actions demonstrate:
- Courage in helping others survive;
- Having overcome significant risks for the sake of helping others survive;
- Going beyond the call of duty of professional obligations for the sake of helping others survive.
- Commitment - the extent to which the nominee’s actions demonstrate:
- An explicit intention to help others survive;
- A direct involvement in helping others survive;
- Being motivated by altruistic intentions.
- Impact - the extent to which the nominee’s actions demonstrate:
- An impact of saving lives on the nominee’s community, country or globally;
- A long-term effect in saving lives;
- Inspiration to others to save lives, directly or indirectly;
- Saving lives of a large number of individuals.
Read more details here >>>
Return to news list