Pub is the Hub – help for rural pubs and their communities
Date published: 10/08/2017
Funding – unspecified
Pub is the Hub:
- advises and helps rural pubs, owners, licensees and communities in England and Wales to make a positive impact in responding to and supporting the needs of their local communities by using pubs for the co-location of necessary services and articulating their specialist local needs;
- encourages rural pub owners, licensees, and their local communities to work together to support, retain and locate local services, where possible, within the pub, whilst often improving the viability of the business itself;
- provides voluntary advice and guidance with administration support from companies and trade bodies including: the Post Office, Enterprise Inns, Punch Taverns, Marstons, the British Beer and Pub Association, the British Institute of Innkeeping and the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA);
- assists with guidance on the availability of local and regional project funding, and having a thorough understanding of the pub business, is able to advise on the best way to progress with each individual project.
Assistance provided will:
- help pubs remain sustainable by encouraging diversification into other areas;
- offer information on innovative sustainable alternative financial models such as cooperatives; and
- encourage cooperation and mutual benefit, which is an invaluable instrument of community regeneration.
Who can apply:
Individuals and organisations in Great Britain with the necessary contacts and tools to participate in the Pub is the Hub scheme are eligible to apply (for example, breweries, licensees, pub owners, local communities).
Pub is the Hub projects range from providing local shops to encouraging the local sourcing of products, accommodating Post Office services, providing local school meals, IT training or community centres and even church services. Many projects today include a local shop, plus other extra facilities, that have developed as a result of the original project.
This is a rolling programme. Applications may be submitted at any time.
For further details visit Pub is the Hub, T:01423 546165 or E: email@example.com
Return to news list