Meet the Funder: Coalfields Regeneration Trust at BAVO 15 June
Date published: 05/05/2017
Our 'Meet the funder' event is at our BAVO offices - 12/113 Commercial Street, Maesteg, CF34 9DL from 3 - 6pm and will give voluntary groups the opportunity to have a one- to- one appointment with Coalfields Regeneration Trust to discuss projects and ideas that the Trust could fund.
The Coalfields Community Grants Programme in Wales can award grants from £500 up to £7,000.
Before booking your appointment, you are strongly advised to read the guidance notes here >>>
Eligible wards are:
- Maesteg West;
- Maesteg East;
- Ogmore Vale;
Your project must be based in an eligible coalfield community or be able to show clear and immediate benefits for an eligible coalfield community.
This programme is for community and voluntary organisations that can demonstrate strongly that a grant will impact positively on people living in the Coalfield communities of Wales. Grants will be awarded for projects that can be completed within 12 months and can identify clear positive outcomes for people that can be measured.
Projects will need to meet one or more of the following themes to be eligible for support from the Community Grant Programme:
- Job creation and employment support – projects that create new sustainable jobs within the community, or support people into work, including addressing barriers to work such as childcare or transport;
- Social enterprise development – projects that support the start-up, growth and development of social enterprises;
- Skills and training – projects that develop skills for people or provide qualifications;
- Community buildings – improvements which includes projects that reduce the energy costs of community buildings or reduce the carbon footprint of the building;
- Tackling poverty – projects that work with the most vulnerable people in Coalfield communities to alleviate the effects of poverty;
- Health and well being – projects that improve the quality of life for people living in Coalfield communities with health problems, or projects that prevent negative impacts on health and well being.
There is a two stage application process for the fund itself – for an enquiry form, guidance notes and list of eligible wards click here >>>
Places are limited. Please register your interest either via the reply slip below:
Download reply slip to book appointment here >>>
or by contacting BAVO, T: 01656 810400 or E:email@example.com by NO LATER THAN Thursday 8 June 2017.
Return to news list