Spirit of 2012 Youth Advisory Panel are recruiting
Date published: 15/05/2017
The Spirit of 2012 Youth Advisory Panel is on the search for enthusiastic young people aged 18 - 28 who are resident in Wales to join its Youth Advisory Panel (YAP) from July 2017 to December 2018.
The panel works alongside the Spirit of 2012 Board to help shape its decision-making, feeding into proposals on new projects and acting as a champion for everything Spirit does. An initial wave of recruitment was completed in December 2016 which resulted in their current panel of nine young people from across England and Scotland. However, they did not receive any applications from young people who are resident in Northern Ireland or Wales and they want this to change!
The Youth Advisory Panel meets four times a year to involve young voices in Spirit's decision-making, informing Spirit's grant programmes and communications by providing the perspectives of young people from across the UK:
- Brings together a group of young advocates for Spirit's work who can expand Spirit's network across the UK;
- Has the opportunity to visit projects, meet partners and increase knowledge about the innovative projects impacting people across the UK;
- Develops loads of skills through training and mentoring, enhancing employability in the process;
- Offers a meaningful voluntary opportunity to a wide range of young people, including those who might not normally step forward to make their voice heard.
Spirit of 2012 would love to hear from you if you are aged 18-28, are resident in Wales and...
- have a real passion for arts, culture, sport and/or volunteering;
- could be a champion for Spirit of 2012 and their fantastic projects around the country;
- could commit to around 12 days a year for meetings, project visits and to help them include the youth voice in their our work.
In return, you’ll get an unparalleled insight into what Spirit does, receive all the training you need and will develop a whole range of skills that would be hard to come by elsewhere!
For more information or to apply to be on the Youth Advisory Panel, visit:
Spirit of 2012 website
Online application form
Applications close 14 June 2017 at 12pm.
For further details, contact Spirit of 2012, E: firstname.lastname@example.org or T: 0203 7017440.
Return to news list