Full BAVO membership is open to all voluntary and community organisations based in or serving in Bridgend County Borough.
Membership is free of charge.
You are eligible to join if you are:
- Self governing;
- Independent of Government;
- Non profit making;
- Non party political;
- Able to subscribe to BAVO’s requirements for membership including a commitment to equal opportunities and run by an unpaid committee, acting for the benefit of the community.
Full membership is open to all locally based community and voluntary groups within Bridgend County Borough.
Associate membership is open to community and voluntary groups that are not based in Bridgend County Borough, but whose services are offered in the county borough.
Benefits of BAVO membership
BAVO can help your group with:
- Starting up and managing an organisation;
- Becoming a charity;
- Funding guidance;
- Practical services e.g. printing, equipment loan;
- Information including our newsletter;
- Networks of voluntary organisations with similar interests;
- Joint working with statutory and other agencies;
- Development e.g. charity and charitable company registration, constitutions and policies;
- Funding information and fundraising support;
- Project planning and budgets;
- Volunteering support and recruitment;
- Book keeping and evaluation.
Many of our services to members are free of charge.
Practical services offered include:
- Equipment loan e.g. overhead projector, overhead screens, display boards;
- Room hire for meetings and training;
- Hot desking space with IT access;
- Photocopying, collating. Folding and stapling
Membership application form
Download BAVO's membership form (English language) >>>
Download BAVO's membership form (Welsh language) >>>
Membership applications are considered at each Executive Committee meeting and is completely free of charge.