Link Up Project: Prosiect Lincio Lan
'Strengthening 3rd sector skills'
BAVO is working in partnership with Swansea CVS and Neath/Port Talbot CVS to strengthen third sector governance and skills development through a range of interventions, such as recruiting and matching skilled peer mentors from public, private and independent sectors with third sector organisations.
Link Up aims to pilot innovative approaches to bringing new skills and expertise to organisations in the third sector through mentoring and trustee recruitment and empower the third sector to plan for the future and overcome a difficult economic environment.
Over the three years of the project and across the region, 150 mentors and new trustees will be identified and recruited and 120 third sector organisations will benefit from engagement in the project’s activities.
Peer mentors will be recruited from private, public and educational sectors and matched with third sector trustees who are seeking support with governance aspects for the benefit of their organisation.
Peer mentors will have the opportunity to learn about the third sector and share their skills for the benefit of local communities.
Volunteering is integral to achieving the project outcomes. Our Link Up Project aims to:
- Enhance existing skills of trustees and committee members;
- Assist trustee boards/committees to identify areas of development;
- Recruit experienced mentors from public, private and academia sectors with experience and knowledge to support trustee skill development;
- Increase diversity on trustee boards by recruiting more female and young trustees (under 25 years).
Skilled volunteer trustees play a vital role in enabling local voluntary sector organisations to function successfully and achieve the desired outcome for their local community and beneficiaries.
Could you be a volunteer mentor?
Would you like to engage in a voluntary opportunity valued by employers which will enhance your career and promotion prospects?
Are you retired and would like to use your skills to make a difference to local voluntary organisations?
As a Link Up Mentor you could develop your...
- communication and personal skills;
- leadership and management qualities;
- knowledge of the voluntary sector;
- confidence and motivation.
Want to find out more?
For further information contact Angela Davies, Link Up Project Development Officer at BAVO, T: 01656 810400 / 07710067718 or E: email@example.com