BAVO is the local County Voluntary Council for Bridgend County Borough
We are an umbrella organisation set up to develop and promote voluntary and community action throughout the county borough. Our aim is to provide support, guidance, practical assistance and information to local voluntary sector groups to develop skills, services and activities, ensuring they are represented across a wide range of issues locally, regionally and nationally.
We are part of the third sector infrastructure support network in Wales and we work closely with other CVCs and Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA). We are a membership organisation open to national and local voluntary and community groups. Membership to BAVO is currently free of charge and we offer a range of benefits .
Our services are made possible as a result of some core funding from Welsh Government, Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board (ABMU) and Bridgend County Borough Council, alongside a great deal of project delivery and fundraising effort.
BAVO’s head office is situated in Commercial Street, Maesteg. Opened in 2007, the building was made possible through substantial funding from the Welsh Government’s CFAP funding programme and the Big Lottery Fund, to whom we are very grateful.
- A community member looking for information on voluntary services and support in Bridgend County Borough?
- A voluntary group seeking advice on how to start up, manage staff, raise funding?
- Thinking of starting a social enterprise and need help with where to begin?
- Looking to use some spare time to volunteer for a worthy cause?
- A community or voluntary group wishing to recruit more volunteers?
- Looking to expand your learning and skills through informal training?
- A third sector organisation in crisis or conflict and needing intensive, confidential support?
Watch and listen to our NEW short films to find out how we help our local community:
BAVO main information video (can also download by clicking image)
BAVO's working with Abertawe Bro Morganwwg Health Board
BAVO working with Abertawe Bro Morganwg Helath Board
BAVO's work with The Food Shed
BAVO working with Llangynwyd Rangers Boys and Girls Football Club of Wales
BAVO's work with Men's Shed (Squirrel's Nest)
BAVO's work with Porthcawl Allotment Society
BAVO working with Y Bont
BAVO has become the first county voluntary council in Wales to achieve the edition 4 PQASSO quality mark funded by the Big Lottery Fund. This prestigious award endorsed by the Charity Commission, signals that an organisation has been externally assessed and achieved a recognised level of quality for running an effective organisation.
BAVO can help you with all of this and MORE!
BAVO opening times:
Monday to Thursday (except Bank Holidays): 9am - 5pm
Friday: 9am - 4.30pm
Find out more about us >>